Phantom Powered Active Direct Box
The J48 is a high performance active direct box for live concert touring and professional recording studio applications, with the ability to handle extreme transients without distortion while delivering the natural sound of your instrument.
Higher Rail Voltage, Higher Headroom Most battery-powered guitars and basses will produce as much as 7 Volts when played at maximum volume, which can easily overload typical active direct boxes which have are only able to handle about 3 Volts. The J48 uses a unique switching power supply that raises the internal rail voltage so it can handle up to an incredible 9 Volts, resulting in improved signal handling and greater headroom. This additional headroom significantly reduces distortion of all types, allowing the natural tone and character of the instrument to shine through.
• Exceptional headroom and dynamic range
• Linear frequency response extends well beyond 20kHz
• Merge switch sums stereo instruments to mono
• Low-cut filter, -15dB input pad, and polarity reverse Applications
• Retains the natural tone of your instrument
• Ideal for basses and active acoustic guitars
• Great for keyboards and drum modules
• Ideally suited for live stages and recording studios
• Huge 9 Volt internal rail voltage for extra headroom
• Handles loud transients without distortion or clipping
• Powered by 48V phantom, no batteries required
• 3 year transferable warranty