The JDI is a high performance passive direct box for live concert touring and professional studio recording applications, featuring a premium Jensen transformer for exceptional audio performance.
The Radial JDI is a passive direct box designed to handle extreme signal levels without distortion of any kind. At the heart, the Radial JDI employs the world class Jensen JT-DB-EPC audio transformer delivering a smooth, warm sounding Bessel curve, reminiscent of the finest vintage gear. Ruler flat from 10Hz to 40kHz and with virtually zero phase deviation, the JDI delivers the natural, pure sound of the instrument without artifact. By its no-power passive design, the Radial JDI performs both high-to-low impedance conversion and signal balancing over a magnetic bridge that passes signal while rejecting stray DC voltage. This makes the JDI particularly adept at eliminating hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
The Radial JDI is a phase coherent, passive direct box employing a nickel laminated Jensen® audio transformer with virtually zero phase distortion, huge dynamics handling and ruler flat response from 10Hz to 40kHz. The Radial JDI is quite simply the world’s finest passive direct box. With its heavy-duty steel shell and internal I-beam construction, the JDI is designed to work dependably for years in even the harshest of touring environments. Ideal for keyboards, bass and acoustic instruments of all kinds, the JDI Duplex and JD6 are also available for stereo and multi-channel applications.
• Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
• Transformer: JT-DB-EPC
• Number of channels: Single channel (mono)
• Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (± 0.2dB)
• Dynamic range: 135dB
• Total harmonic distortion: 0.05% from 20Hz ~ 20kHz @-10dB
• Phase Deviation: 0.3° @ 100Hz; 3° @ 20Hz
• Input Impedance: 140k Ohms, unbalanced
• Output Impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
• Maximum Input: +21dB @ 20Hz ~ 20kHz
• Power: Passive, no power required
• 3 year transferable warranty