Rich and complex sounding distortion pedal with solid lows. The Reuss Germanium Dirt offers a new and different take on the classic distortion pedal. Gritty, grainy, fuzzy and blissfully noisy.
Security policy (edit with module Customer reassurance)
Delivery policy (edit with module Customer reassurance)
Return policy (edit with module Customer reassurance)
This is a sister model to the successful Reuss 'Old Black Shoe' pedal, based on the same old LM308 'metal can' IC, but replacing the hybrid clipping arrangement with a pure germanium construction, using four vintage 1969 US made germanium diodes. The Germanium Dirt kills with the 'Dirt' control dimmed, but it is also capable of delivering some fine, moderate overdrive sounds. Quite transparent and very sensitive to playing dynamics.
This is a perfect pedal for crisp and tasteful punk, post-punk and noisy indie rock tones.
The extended low-end response makes it great for 'drop-D' tunings, stoner rock, baritone guitars and even bass. The tone control of the Germanium Dirt is very subtle, only dialing off the most harsh high-end, and never muffling your sound completely.
Features and specifications:
- - Distortion pedal with expanded low-end response and a rich, complex and gritty sound texture
- - Vintage new old stock LM308H metal can IC and four vintage 1969 US made germanium diodes (rare and expensive parts)
- - 100% handmade in the European Union
- - Artwork by award winning illustrator Morten Voigt (who also did the Muzzbomb-bomb)
- - True bypass switching
- - Silk screen printed aluminium enclosure in a gloss seafoam pearl finish
- - High quality Neutrik jacks, wired by hand
- - Mammoth Electronics 'pro' upgrade footswitch (good for at least 15000 stomps - the standard blue footswitches that you see in most 'boutique' pedals is only rated for 6000 stomps)
- - Red LED
Like all Reuss pedals, the Germanium Dirt is completely handmade in good old Europa from top-shelf parts.