Repeater Fuzz MKIII
- 174,80 €
Terceira geração deste pedal de sucesso, o Repeater Fuzz. Agora completamente convertido num sonho para o purista do som vintage.
Security policy (edit with module Customer reassurance)
Delivery policy (edit with module Customer reassurance)
Return policy (edit with module Customer reassurance)
Third generation of the best selling Reuss Repeater Fuzz pedal. Now completely reworked into a vintage purist’s dream.
New features includes the vintage ’one-knob’ fuzz circuit, addition of the treble/bass booster effect - plus a send/return loop to connect a wah pedal in the signal chain Reuss Musical Instruments started ’by accident’ back in 2012, when I shared my homemade Rowland S. Howard pedal at social media. When Reuss grew into a small business, the next new pedal I wanted to make was the Repeater Fuzz. Spacemen 3 is one of my all-time favourite bands, so I wanted to create a pedal to make that sound. And that sound comes from the quartet of built-in effects of vintage 1960s Vox guitars, like the Starstream and Ultrasonic (and more). The first generation Reuss Repeater Fuzz (RF-01 and RF-02) was an excellent pedal, but I had chosen to ditch the original fuzz circuit of the old Vox guitars, from the lack of a level control, for the very similar sounding tonebender mk II circuit. I also chose to omit the treble/bass booster, which was offered as a stand-alone companion (still available). Now it’s time to introduce the mk III, which has taken more than a year in research and development. I wanted to get it exactly right, taking no compromises. So what we have here is the correct three original 1960s circuits (fuzz into treble/bass booster into repeat percussion), very faithfully recreated, plus a powerful clean boost to compensate for the inherent volume-loss of the old circuits (they barely keep unity level and all with three effects on, you want to boost the level). Some of the old Vox guitars also had a built-in wah effect, which you’d control by a lever at the guitar’s bridge. For obvious reasons, a palm-operated wah is not useful in a guitar pedal sitting on a pedal board, so what I have done with the Repeater Fuzz mk III, is that I made a send/return loop where you can connect a wah into the correct place in the signal chain, between the treble/bass booster and the repeat percussion effect. Now you’ve got the full line of effects of Sonic Boom of Spacemen 3’s Vox Starstream guitar – and a true ’Dreamweapon’ (Sonic Boom would modulate his sound by slowly sweeping the palm wah). One compromise I had to make to keep the Repeater Fuzz mk III in the compact footprint, was to reduce the number of footswitches. Keep in mind, this is four effects in one small box. There’s obviously no room for four footswitches. What you have is a master bypass footswitch which turns the complete pedal on and off (regardless which individual effects is on or off). Each of the four individual effects have their own true bypass switching. The fuzz, treble/bass booster and clean boost are all assignable via toggle switches, and the idea is that you ’preset’ your sound using these. The repeat percussion effect is footswitchable, as this is the one I believe you are most likely to want to kick in and out while playing. The Reuss Repeater Fuzz mk III runs on external power only (standard guitar pedal 9V DC). There is no room for a battery inside.
Features and specifications:
- - Four effects in one compact pedal, based on the built-in effects of vintage Vox guitars (Starstream, Ultrasonic etc.)
- - Vintage correct ’distortion’ (fuzz), ’treble/bass booster’ and repeat percussion circuits
- - Vintage correct ’tin can’ BC108, BC109 and 2N2646 transistors
- - Powerful, switchable clean boost circuit compensates for the inherent volume-loss of the vintage circuits
- - All four effects can be used individually. One master bypass footswitch turns the complete pedal on and off
- - Send/return loop to connects a wah pedal (or other effect) in the correct place in the signal chain, to mimic the built-in ’palm wah’ of the old Vox guitars (wah pedal not included – use your own)
- - Extremely high build quality. Completely handmade in the European Union
- - No SMD parts. Only vintage-style ’through hole’ construction.
- - UV printed graphics
- - High quality Switchcraft and Neutrik jacks, wired by hand
- - Mammoth Electronics upgrade quality footswitches (good for at least 15000 stomps)
- - Runs on a standard ’Boss-style’ 9V DC guitar pedal power supply (no battery option)